Facilitating Group Work
Supporting qualified practitioners to develop a multi-modality approach to working with trauma clients.
Facilitating Group Work (3 Day Program)
As a group facilitator you have a duty of care to develop and maintain a safe space for participants – however, in a therapy setting this can be challenging. Participants can be triggered by others stories, others may flood or overwhelm which can rupture in the group and the flow of the session.
This 3-day intensive training will help to build your knowledge and skills in facilitating trauma informed groups and programs. Over the course of the program you will become more confident in being able to hold space, develop trust and cohesion, set firm boundaries and guidelines and respond to challenges of group work.
Through instructional sessions and role-play you will learn how to:
- Facilitate Group Therapy Sessions
- Understand Group dynamics and stages
- Set boundaries and contracting
- Manage conflict
- Manage emotional triggers within the group
- Understand the roles within the group
- Develop skills for trauma informed facilitation
- Facilitate inner work- staying with the feelings
- Intake process – screening your participants
- Self Care – how to look after your own wellbeing as a facilitator
Throughout the 3-days you will also have the opportunity to connect with other practitioners, earn 20 CPD points, participate in 3- hours group supervision.
The cost for this 3-day training program is $990 (inc GST)