Introduction to Gestalt Therapy
Supporting qualified practitioners to develop a multi-modality approach to working with trauma clients.
Gestalt therapy is a client-centred approach to psychotherapy that helps clients focus on the present and understand what is really happening in their day to day lives, rather than what they may perceive to be happening based on past experience.
Instead of talking about past events clients are encouraged to review current situations, consider their reactions and response patterns through the use of embodied re-enactment or ‘experiments’.
On this introductory program you will learn how to work experientially with your client to support them become:
- more aware of how their history can impact the ‘now’
- how their negative thought patterns and behaviours block true self-awareness
- considered how their reactions may be adversely impacting their lives
Gestalt is a holistic therapy, which focuses on the connection between the mind, body, and soul.
On completion of this 5-day introductory program, participants will have skills and knowledge to:
- Understand and apply the basic principles of Gestalt
- Work creatively with clients figures and patterns
- Understand and apply the use of metaphor and imagery techniques
- Support the client to work with their embodied responses
CPD Points & Supervison
Participation in this program provides CPD Points, as well as Supervision, by way of group discussion – offering immediate feedback on any work done as part of the training. This not only increases confidence, but allows you to hone and improve your techniques.
At the end of the 5-Day training you will receive a CITT Certification for Completion of Introduction to Gestalt Therapy
The cost for this 5-day training program is $1650 (inc GST)