Supporting qualified practitioners to develop a multi-modality approach to working with trauma clients.
Programs being offered at CITT
CITT Practitioner Training Pre-requisites
All participants should be qualified: Psychologists | Psychotherapists | Counsellors | Equine Assisted Therapists
This program is aimed at qualified practitioners and therapists who are wanting to move into trauma-focussed therapy and expand their therapeutic approach.
Introducing you to the TDS Trauma Recovery MethodologyTM , the program has been specifically designed to offer you skills and knowledge around key aspects of trauma and provide practical insight into the different modalities of therapy that can be offered to a client on their recovery journey.
The TDS Methodology works on the principles of experiential integration. Working with current presentation of symptoms, this method resources the client to stay with disturbance of the homeostasis and widen their ‘Window of Tolerance’ in order to build great awareness of behaviour; then develop their ability to have choice in moments of crisis.
This 5-day program incorporates theory, introduction to a variety of therapeutic modalities, practise sessions and case studies.
On completion of the Program participants will have:
- Understanding of the TDS Methodology
- Appreciation of Trauma presentation
- Understanding of how neuroplasticity supports trauma recovery
- Skills on how to overcome challenges when working with Trauma clients
- Strategies for helping a client to remain regulated
- Appreciation of different therapeutic approaches to working with Trauma
- Delivering an integration presentation
- Understanding of how self-bias impacts therapeutic relationships
- CPD Points
- Group Supervision
The cost for this full 5-day training program is $1650 (inc. GST)
This modality of therapy is highly effective when working with clients experiencing Anxiety, Depression, PTSD, Addictions, Eating Disorders, internal Conflicts, Anger, Personality and Relationship Issues.
Working from current behaviour patterns and reactions, Resource Therapy Allow the therapist to engage directly with the subconscious wounded parts, help the client re-frame the Initial Sensitising Event (ISE) and empower them with their identified Resources.
This accredited training is delivered as a two-part, blended learning program.
Full Clinical Resource Therapist Qualification (10-Day Program)
The program is highly experiential focussed around group discussion, practice sessions and presentations. The blended delivery allows the theory to be presented via group Zoom sessions, whilst all practical sessions are provided via face to face, group coaching sessions.
This training will allow to you to respond directly to the client’s personality part that holds the problem. Whereas other therapies allow the patient to speak throughout the therapy from an intellectual, talkative, personality part that is not directly related to the presenting issue, Resource Therapy attends directly to the personality part that is pathological.
Outcomes from this program:
- How to target the client’s outcomes by specifically working with their unwanted feelings, behaviours and inner critic
- Straightforward ways to diagnose each presenting issue, allowing you to understand the best therapeutic direction to take.
- Treatment systems that provide easily followed regimens for each diagnosis
- How to empower your client by ensuring their preferred Resources are available to them.
OPD Points & Supervison
Participation in this program provides OPD Points with PACFA, as well as Supervision, by way of group discussion – offering immediate feedback on any work done as part of the training. This not only increases confidence, but allows you to hone and improve your techniques.
On successful completion of the program you will be awarded the Resource Therapy International Therapist Certificate and be able to register on the Resource Therapy International website as a qualified practitioner.
The cost for this fully accredited 10-day training program is $2640 (inc. GST)
Equine Assisted Trauma Therapy (5 Day Program)
This highly experiential program is designed for qualified Equine Assisted Practitioners who wish to specialise in working with adult trauma clients. The program has been developed for those who have been working with a broad range of clients and now wish to refine their skills in the area of Trauma.
Developed and delivered by Brenda Tanner (Founder of Equine Encounters Australia) who, for the past 7 years has specialised in Equine Assisted Therapy for Veterans, First Responders and Cancer Victims and who’s Trauma Recovery program has been the subject of a clinical research paper by Gallipoli Medical Research Foundation.
Through Group sessions and individual work, you will learn to:
- Understand Trauma presentation and the associated conditions
- Understand specific behaviour patterns
- Track your client responses
- Expand the clients ‘Window of Tolerance’
- Develop client self-regulation
- Using phenomenology and holding space
- Design ‘experiments’ to support developing client awareness
- Using the way of the horse – Metaphor | Reflection | Projection
CPD Points and CITT Certificate will be given at the end of the program
Fee: $1650 (inc GST)
Gestalt therapy is a client-centred approach to psychotherapy that helps clients focus on the present and understand what is really happening in their day to day lives, rather than what they may perceive to be happening based on past experience.
Instead of talking about past events clients are encouraged to review current situations, consider their reactions and response patterns through the use of embodied re-enactment or ‘experiments’.
On this introductory program you will learn how to work experientially with your client to support them become:
- more aware of how their history can impact the ‘now’
- how their negative thought patterns and behaviours block true self-awareness
- considered how their reactions may be adversely impacting their lives
Gestalt is a holistic therapy, which focuses on the connection between the mind, body, and soul.
On completion of this 5-day introductory program, participants will have skills and knowledge to:
- Understand and apply the basic principles of Gestalt
- Work creatively with clients figures and patterns
- Understand and apply the use of metaphor and imagery techniques
- Support the client to work with their embodied responses
CPD Points & Supervison
Participation in this program provides CPD Points, as well as Supervision, by way of group discussion – offering immediate feedback on any work done as part of the training. This not only increases confidence, but allows you to hone and improve your techniques.
At the end of the 5-Day training you will receive a CITT Certification for Completion of Introduction to Gestalt Therapy
The cost for this 5-day training program is $1650 (inc GST)
As a group facilitator you have a duty of care to develop and maintain a safe space for participants – however, in a therapy setting this can be challenging. Participants can be triggered by others stories, others may flood or overwhelm which can rupture in the group and the flow of the session.
This 3-day intensive training will help to build your knowledge and skills in facilitating trauma informed groups and programs. Over the course of the program you will become more confident in being able to hold space, develop trust and cohesion, set firm boundaries and guidelines and respond to challenges of group work.
Through instructional sessions and role-play you will learn how to:
- Facilitate Group Therapy Sessions
- Understand Group dynamics and stages
- Set boundaries and contracting
- Manage conflict
- Manage emotional triggers within the group
- Understand the roles within the group
- Develop skills for trauma informed facilitation
- Facilitate inner work- staying with the feelings
- Intake process – screening your participants
- Self Care – how to look after your own wellbeing as a facilitator
Throughout the 3-days you will also have the opportunity to connect with other practitioners, earn 20 CPD points, participate in 3- hours group supervision.
The cost for this 3-day training program is $990 (inc GST)